Author Topic: Spy Technology  (Read 2650 times)

grambo

• View Profile
Spy Technology
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:57 pm »
The following is from the description of spy technology(espionage technology).

"At certain levels of Espionage Technology research, new attack warning systems are installed: At Level 2, the total number of attacking ships will be displayed along with the simple attack warning. At Level 4, the type of attacking ships along with the number of ships are displayed. At Level 8, the exact number of each type of ship launched is displayed."

Now my spy(espionage) technology is pretty good, past what is stated in the above description. When I have been attacked the only information I receive is that there is a attacking fleet from XXX and the time until it arrives. I do not receive any ship numbers or information. Is the in game description wrong? and it is working as intended? Or is it a bug?

Just thought of this, do you have to launch a spy probe at the planet the attacking fleet is coming from to receive the info of the attacking ships?

Thanks for any answers
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:29:55 pm by grambo »

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
Re: Spy Technology
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 06:48:48 pm »
When you are attacked there should be a message in the Overview page which shows all the available information about the attack - the time until the fleet arrives and the coordinates from which the attack is launched. The message should state something like this: "A Hostile fleet From Player <PlayrName> (N) From Planet <PlanetName> [X:X:X] Spying Location Planet <AttackedPlanetName> [X:X:X]. Mission: Attack". When you point the word "fleet" with the cursor there should pop up a table with the information about the fleet - type of ships and their number. It should look like something like this:

Please specify more information about your case. Does the table with the fleet information is shown when you point with the cursor on the word "fleet"? –ěr nothing happens?

grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 08:35:50 pm »
I receive this message "A Hostile fleet From Player <PlayrName> (N) From Planet <PlanetName> [X:X:X] Spying Location Planet <AttackedPlanetName> [X:X:X]". I have never seen the word "fleet" be green in color in the msg. If I am being spied on the whole message(except for the [x:x:x]and the (N)) is orange . If I am being attacked the whole message(except for the [x:x:x]and the (n)) is red. 

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 04:28:38 pm »
Hello,
sorry for the late answer. Actualy "fleet" is red and it should turn greenish when it is pointed with the mouse (it is an anchor/a link). If it doesn't work for you then it is possible that it is a browser issue. What web browser do you use?

grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »
I am using both Firefox and Chrome. Next time I see an attacking fleet message I will point to the "fleet" and see what happens. I am not sure when that will happen I will keep you updated.

grambo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 11:09:22 pm »
It is working thanks for your help