Author Topic: Time for building the ships  (Read 5060 times)

observer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
Time for building the ships
« on: February 01, 2015, 10:17:40 am »
Hello,
The maximum level of the shipyard, robot factory and the nanite factory decreases 75% from the initial time for building the ships.
1) shipyard reduces the time to build a ship with 0.5% per level.
2) factory robots reduces the time to build a ship with 0.5% per level.
3) Nanning factory reduces the time to build a ship with 2% per level.
These changes were made in order to balance the game.
Regards!

SkullKing

• View Profile
Re: Time for building the ships
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 01:32:31 pm »
i would seriously recommend to change the build time especially for the orbital defense, i have lvl 28 robotic, lvl 19 nano, and lvl 21 shipyard and it takes 19 days. that is way too long to build a structure or defense.

observer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 03:39:05 pm »
The max levels for Robot Factory is 40, Nanite Factory is 20 and Shipyard is 30.
So you can update your structures.

Zomby

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:29:02 am »
Unless my calculations are totally off, you can not spend more than a few percent of the materials you harvest on ships or defenses.
If you max the buildings, materials come in much faster than you can use them for ships or defenses.
It kind of takes the punch out of the game.

It would also be interesting to get an update on the maximum level for all buildings.
The only thing I can find on the forum is a message from 2012 and I don't thing it is still correct.

Dartagn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 11:02:10 pm »
by my calculations it will now take a 171 years to build a fleet the size of the one Pierre had before quitting the game. being 2,000,000 black moons.  that's 2,000,000 x 45 min a piece (roughly) = 90,000,000 min. / 60 min in an hour / 24 hours in a day / 365 days in a year = 171.23 years.      this just makes it harder for new players to ever catch up to the experienced players. you will never have an account active for 2 centuries . . . .

this is especially confounded by the fact that it is still impossible to attack for a profit, which means that players like BOB, pierre, and konstantin will never risk there fleets in an attack.

While I will admit that the new build times are more realistic, at this point it only serves to create an unbridgeable gap between players, I will never have the ability to get to pierre's range because of his fleet.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:06:32 am by Dartagn »
= Dartagn.
Administrator of War-POSTAL

Dartagn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 02:12:02 am »
So bob and I have been chatting about fleet points, back when we were really active he made a spreadsheet listing all fleet point values for individual ships in the game. So according to our calculations to match the fleet points of konstantin which is 256 billion points. a player would need to build 437,607 avatars. and according to my math that would take approximately 2 millennium. that's a little ridiculous at this point in the game. I realize you are going for realism, and as a gamer I appreciate that usually, but you are just breaking server one more.
= Dartagn.

SkullKing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 06:30:27 am »
i agree with the points that dartagan are making. i respect that you guys are trying to make it more realistic but this also makes it more unrealistic for players to attempt to catch up to players that have well built accounts.

Zomby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 10:03:09 pm »
We can discuss the details of the time needed to build large fleets, but it certainly will take more than a human lifetime to build anything close the the biggest fleet - assuming that one stops growing.
I pushed my buildings and fleet over the last months, but now there is a now where to go
> If I attack a big player, I will lose much of my fleet and drop in the ranking without getting any substantial benefit
> If I do not attack, I'm just stuck on place 2 or three and all that is left for me is to spend another week building a 100 avatars.
Neither prospect gives for a an interesting game.

Dartagn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 04:18:45 am »
you can build 100 avatars in a week at 39 hours a piece??????
= Dartagn.

Agro777

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 05:09:30 pm »
I haven't been a part of this game for long but boy did this ship update screw me over. Things were looking good and i was growing fast. My fleet score was growing about as fast as my building score. And was looking forward to spending the few hours it took on avatars once i unlock them (just need a few more hyperspace engine levels)

With my maxed shipyard and Nanite factory i can build a fraction more then 34 black moons in a day. and soon 2 avatars in 3 days which is stupid. I see people who have thousands and thousands of each. Now i see i have no chance of even getting past anyone unless they are idle/vacation and let's not even look at the 256 billion at #1 that would take years.

So i guess the designers would rather no new players have a chance and want to participate?
Should i stop bothering and just be another one of those top 100 in vacation mode...

ps: thanks Dartagn for doing the math i just wanted to complain and concur from a newer player's perspective.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 05:11:14 pm by Agro777 »

Zomby

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 01:29:51 am »
About the number of avatars you van build in a week: you're right that 100 is a bit too high.
I guess it tops at about 5 avatars per planet per week (if you max the buildings it's less than 35hours per piece).
With a maximum of 14 planets that brings the total to about 70 avatars per week.

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 03:40:51 pm »
Your opinions are reviewed and we will give you decision as soon as possible.
Battlestar Administrator - Capone

Dartagn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 12:00:34 am »
for the record you can get 86,400 ships in a day, as long as your willing to settle for light fighters. which with the new update can actually take on the 34 black moons you can build in a day, at least according to the simulator.
= Dartagn.

SkullKing

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 07:38:45 pm »
please change the time building for ships even avatar would take me a single day to produce just 1 of those and also increase the buildings levels. these limits dont even give most of us a chance to make a dent in our resources

SkullKing

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2015, 05:53:19 am »
i would but now i got a crap load of colonies that im convinced on finishing off for building wise lol