Author Topic: Resources (classic server)  (Read 2471 times)

Ghost

• View Profile
Resources (classic server)
« on: October 29, 2015, 05:55:01 am »
I'm new to the game and was wondering how many of you "farm" for resources by stealing it from players with no defenses or fleets. I gave the qualifier of no defense and no fleets to show the attack is strictly for resources and not for destruction.

Is there a range limit for rank that does not allow you to attack players who are ranked too far above you?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:26:49 pm by Ghost »

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Resources (classic server)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 01:38:24 am »
There are two limits that can restrict you from attacking another player:
- Player is in vacation mode.
- Player is too weak / strong for you. (Newbie protection)

The newbie protection was imported to give new players the chance to learn the game without being abused by all higher level players. While in newbie protection the players have the opportunity to learn how to play, and advance their colonies.
The newbie protection is removed only if the target player is inactive.

Battlestar Administrator - Capone

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 03:06:08 am »
Thank you.

Another question: If I buy a moon by saving 60k dark matter from voting, can I mine that moon for dark matter?

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 07:24:43 pm »
Yes, you can mine that moon for dark matter. But I would suggest you to try the self attacking function in order to create moon.

You can read some information about creating moon here: http://battlestar.tk/Forum/index.php/topic,107.msg306.html#msg306
Battlestar Administrator - Capone

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 05:26:50 pm »
Self attack seems pretty self explanatory, but how do you do it? Is it the carcass' of my dead ships that make a moon?

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 11:28:47 pm »
Is level 80 the max level for the metal mine? And is level 25 the max level of resource storage buildings?

SkullKing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 07:20:17 am »
yes lvl 80 is the max for all 4 of the resource production buildings and 25 is the max for all 4 of the storage facilities. i have been trying for a while to get that cap upgraded hopefully capone will see this and think possibly about doing it. i think the deuterium power plant maxes at 80 as well but that is the single most expensive building in the game to level so far except for if nano wasnt maxed out at 20 i think it lol

Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 07:54:39 pm »
Yea, I've realized this reality. I have several buildings and resources maxed. I was really looking forward to a billion metal an hour coming in!  ;D Hopefully at least the resources get increased.  :-[