Author Topic: NOOB Protection  (Read 1464 times)

trogdor

• View Profile
NOOB Protection
« on: March 01, 2012, 12:43:02 am »
I don't know if this has already been asked and answered, but what is the formula for determining when a player is too strong or too weak for attack? It seems to scale as I level up, but I'm just wondering if it might need a look. There are so few players on this server, that some of the guys on the top can't attack anyone. In other similar games, after a certain point spread, you were wide open to anyone. I'm not necessarily in favor of that, but maybe we could open it up a bit, to allow more combat? Any thoughts?
"Burninating all the peoples"
 - TROGDOR
   Diplomat (Postal)

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: NOOB Protection
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 03:42:34 am »
Hello,
The formula for determining when a player is too strong or too weak for attack is:
Weak player is when your points divided by 5 are greater than the other player's points.
Strong player is when your points multiplied by 5 are less than the other player's points.

Example:
If your points are 50.000:
50.000 / 5  = 10.000
50.000 x 5 = 250.000
So the interval in which you can attack players/get attacked from players is from 10.000 to 250.000 points.

If we open it up, strong players will attack very weak players and there will be bad balance.

Battlestar Administrator - Capone

lobo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:00:02 pm »
thank you
 ;D

Vern

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:15:06 pm »
So basically noob mode ends at 250k points ?

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:01:30 pm »
No, this is just an example. Multiply and divide by 5 (10 for the speed server) your current points and you will have the interval in which you can be attacked. Everyone having points out of this interval can't attack you and you can't attack them.
Battlestar Administrator - Capone