Poll

How would you like to be the battle?

I want to be with priorities. (like in the moment)
2 (9.1%)
I want defences and fleet fighting together.
18 (81.8%)
Other (write a comment)
2 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Battle priorities.  (Read 7293 times)

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Battle priorities.
« on: July 11, 2012, 02:25:56 PM »
What do you think about battle priorities? Should we change them or leave them as now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:43:59 AM by Capone »
Battlestar Administrator - Capone

Dartagn

• View Profile
Re: Battle priorities.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:18:35 AM »
I would like the defences to play a roll in the game again.
= Dartagn.
Administrator of War-POSTAL

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:10:08 PM »
It would be good if defenses served a purpose.

Drake820

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 03:24:55 PM »
I agree I would like defenses to play some sort of role,  either we go back to the way it was before or we get the option to prioritize our defense with an option to combine multiply levels of defenses.  For example I would always want my shields to be in the first level of defense, but depending on what else i have on the planet I may want to also include my ground defense or to include my fleets or may be do all in the first level.  right now shields are pointless except to take up one wave of an attack.

DreamWizard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 05:08:55 PM »
I agree with previous posts, defenses working together with battleships during battle time.

Orbital Defence Platform - It would be interesting if this defense could only be moved between planets of the player (ultimate defense). 

killingyouguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 07:18:27 PM »
I do think the way it is with the defenses is completely pointless, so a change there would be great. As for the Orbital Defense Platforms, I agree it would be cool if you could fly them like a big ship, even attack with them. However it would have to be EXTREMELY SLOW and VERY EXPENSIVE to move. Like in the range of taking several days to move to the next planet and costing Deut in the billions.

KILLING YOU GUY
POSTAL

trogdor

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
Being able to move ODP's is a good idea. Otherwise, it's almost impossible to get one on your moons.

Defenses need to go back to being involved in fleet combat.

Other than that, I think the game combat engine is pretty good.
"Burninating all the peoples"
 - TROGDOR
   Diplomat (Postal)

pierre

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 10:25:28 AM »
If I reckon well enough... it seems the subject was brought on the table because the attacker's cargo ships were entering the battle at the same time as the battle ships. And they would be the first to go down because of the lack of shield and integrity.

I agree it makes sense that :
- ground defenses can fire the attacking fleet from the first round of the battle
- but cargo ships should not enter the battle until battle fleets, either win or loose, finish their duty.

The administrators of the game agreed to the second statement. And as far as I remember the programming job sort of considered ground defenses as "civilian" and thus remained in the background until batlle ends.

I'm not a programmer, but wouldn't be possible to qualify ground defenses as "static attackers" ?

Lullaby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 01:54:24 AM »
I want defences and fleet fighting together !!!

pierre

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 01:59:39 AM »
I voted "other" cause I don't know what fate awaits the cargo ships...
So.. it is a yes if cargo ships stay behind the fleet and out of reach until battle is over.

cyaegha

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 02:38:34 AM »
I would like to make the following suggestions:

1) Give players the option to to prioritise one of fleet/defences over the other e.g. allow defences to fight before the fleet to protect it.

2) When attacking defences, I like the idea of the shields having to be brought down first before other defences can be destroyed.

3) Allow civil ships such as cargo ships to stay out of combat and only be targeted after the defences and fleet have been destroyed.

tikery

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:52:56 AM »
BASE ON the planetary defense description, the technology of the planetary defense should be able to reach ships when they are attacking the planets.

BUT:  WE SHOULD IMPLEMENT BATTLEFIELDS IN BETWEEN PLANETS (WHERE ONLY SHIPS FIGHTING SHIPS)

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
If we make Fleet fighting together with the defences the civil ships like cargo ships, colony ship, recyclers will die last. But what about the solar satellites? How do you think they should die?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:52:58 PM by Capone »
Battlestar Administrator - Capone

pierre

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 11:40:28 PM »
if civilian ships of the attacker shall remain behind, I think it's fair and logical that civilian fleet of the defender (cargo, recyclers, solar satellites) stay behind as well.

I consider battle should engage only battle ships and ground defenses during the first rounds. It's obvious that fleet admirals would focus on threats first.

thus the atacker shall
A) During space battle phase
1- clear the defender battle ships,
2- clear the defender civilian ships
Those 2 steps beeing under full fire from ground defenses

B) During the ground attack
3- clear the planet shield
4- clear the ground defenses

During the 4 steps above, the civilian fleet of the attacker should remain safe far enough from the battle... only if the atacker fails one of the step, then the defender fleet, and ground defenses would engage the civilian ships.

pierre

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:01 PM »
I also agree the ODP should be movable.

I'm not sure it's wise to allow it to move very slowly and using a lot of deut. But rather restrict it's movement from planet orbit to moon orbit.
I'm open to the idea it could also travel to planets in the same system, but certainly not change system.