2 (18.2%)
More packs must be added.
6 (54.5%)
Remove some of the packs.
0 (0%)
Other (write a suggestion)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: What do you think about the shop changes?  (Read 7082 times)

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
What do you think about the shop changes?
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:44:14 PM »
What do you think of the shop change? Do you think that it is fair the dark matter needed for one of the three packs: Mines pack, Storages pack and Technolagy pack, to rise for the bigger levels? Do you think that they should be removed at all and added other packs on their place?

BOB

• View Profile
Re: What do you think about the shop changes?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
Being someone that used them to great effect shop changes needed to be made. That being said the way the changes were made was unfair. A little bit of warning of pending shop changes would be beneficial. There may have been some players that would have wanted to take advantage of the old pack that cannot now. It puts players that chose not to take advantage of the packs earlier at a disadvantage. More packs should be added.

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »
As far as the mine packs are concerned.
From level 1 to 30 mines require few resources and little time to build.
So buying mine packs for that level doesn't make sense.
After level 30 buying mine packs makes sense because of resource requirements.

For Example:
To go from Level 46 metal mine to level 47 metal mine requires
103,586,616 Metal and 25,896,654 Crystal

Providing an increase of 68,553 metal per hour.

Crystal is 2 to 1 exchange for metal.
So total metal required for upgrade is: 155,379,924
At 68,553 increase of production it would take 2266 hours (or 3 months) for a return on investment.
This only gets worse as the mine levels increase.

Right now the mine packs are too expensive.
I for one won't buy anymore of them.

trogdor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 04:34:42 AM »
I agree with Bob that your change process was inherently unfair. You say you are trying to make the game "fair" with these changes, but people who bought DM before your changes were essentially robbed, because you decreased the value of the DM they had previously paid for. Furthermore, as with several of the changes I've seen in the game recently, the concept of gradual changes seems lost. Players like Residesin and Bob had around 500 million points on the stats board before your changes, and now have around 15 million. That's a gigantic change made without discussion or warning or asking for feedback.

I understand that the game is new, and still in development. I also understand that as more players advance, some of the game will have to be changed to keep it functional. I do not, however, endorse broad sweeping major changes to the mechanics of the game. Massage it. Be gentle. Major changes like these are catagorically unfair to people that have been playing.

You made simultaneous major changes to the games economy and scoring. I think that some of that should be re-adjusted, and that major changes to the mechanics of how the game works should be posted for discussion before incorporating. When you identify what appears to be a flaw or defect in the logic of one aspect of the game ... be aware that it is the same for all, and that some are spending time and even real money to utilize the game as it is. I don't think it's fair to those already in the game to be forced to play by new rules without discussion or warning.

That's my two cents worth. ;D
"Burninating all the peoples"
 - TROGDOR
   Diplomat (Postal)

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »
 OK, I have to agree that to some degree it was unexpected and premature but it was so because it was something considered by us as a flaw which had to be corrected as soon as possible. I could only give a promise that in the future we will try to announce the new changes in advance so that they can be disscussed before being implemented. The game is not yet perfect and maybe many other changes will have to be made none of which will be fair for everyone. 

About the production of the mines - this is something that has to be changed and the production for the bigger levels will be increaced soon. We will try to make it proportional to the price of the mnes. Before the changes the price for the bigger levels was too high and unreacheble. After the changes were made the prices became more realistic and avaible and they meybe are still high for too big levels which is something that we hope that the increased production will compensates but because of this change the statistic points of the players were lowered. Maybe a change in the algorythm of the points calculation have to be made because this way too strong players became in one range with the weaker ones and thus they can attack them. So we must find a balance between the too bog points so that there are no isolateded players form the others and the too low points so that the too powerfull players can't attack everyone. But this is something that will be probably discussed in another topic.

Also new packs will most likely be added in the shop. It must be discussed beforehand because it won't be a good idea if everything in the game could be purchased with dark matter.

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:45:33 PM »
I agree with the point changes.  I would recommend that major rule changes be discussed in the Forum.  Also, rule changed should be announced prior to making them not after.  Any game is fair as long as all of the players are aware of the rules from the beginning.

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 04:42:01 AM »
Question:  Why would someone buy a level 1 mine pack for 50,000 Dark Matter when they could buy a Resource Pack for 25,000 Dark Matter and  Build all of their mines and robot factory to level 10 or better ???

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 03:27:22 PM »
Question:  Why would someone buy a level 1 mine pack for 50,000 Dark Matter when they could buy a Resource Pack for 25,000 Dark Matter and  Build all of their mines and robot factory to level 10 or better ???

Well, there is no much sense to buy the mines pack when the levels of the buildings are too low because they can be built really quick and for small amounts of resources. However as the levels are rising - also the time for constructing the buildings is increasing and someone could want to progress faster.

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 08:41:40 AM »
What about separating the mines and the robot factory into individual packs.  Otherwise it can be possible to be maxed out on one mine and not others but still be prevented from buying the pack.

prime

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Battlestar
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
What about separating the mines and the robot factory into individual packs.  Otherwise it can be possible to be maxed out on one mine and not others but still be prevented from buying the pack.

Yes, this is a good idea and actually we are thinking of separeting the packs - not only the mines pack but also the storages pack, shield pack and technology pack. They will be separeted or there will be the option to choose to which to buy.

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
OK, I have to agree that to some degree it was unexpected and premature but it was so because it was something considered by us as a flaw which had to be corrected as soon as possible. I could only give a promise that in the future we will try to announce the new changes in advance so that they can be disscussed before being implemented. The game is not yet perfect and maybe many other changes will have to be made none of which will be fair for everyone. 

About the production of the mines - this is something that has to be changed and the production for the bigger levels will be increaced soon. We will try to make it proportional to the price of the mnes. Before the changes the price for the bigger levels was too high and unreacheble. After the changes were made the prices became more realistic and avaible and they meybe are still high for too big levels which is something that we hope that the increased production will compensates but because of this change the statistic points of the players were lowered. Maybe a change in the algorythm of the points calculation have to be made because this way too strong players became in one range with the weaker ones and thus they can attack them. So we must find a balance between the too bog points so that there are no isolateded players form the others and the too low points so that the too powerfull players can't attack everyone. But this is something that will be probably discussed in another topic.

Also new packs will most likely be added in the shop. It must be discussed beforehand because it won't be a good idea if everything in the game could be purchased with dark matter.

Are we really going to discuss changes or just make them in the middle of the night without any warning?

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
Any news are going to be discussed, before uploading.
Battlestar Administrator - Capone

BOB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 10:56:04 PM »
Ah ... that's not what you did.  Personally I really don't care.  I'll adapt my strategy to whatever rule changes come along.  I like the challenge.  But I can see how it can be annoying to others.

Capone

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2012, 10:58:07 PM »
Yes it was an adminstration mistake.
Battlestar Administrator - Capone